Dear readers, I have a great post for you, written by Nicole Lucas @ NoMealNoHealth. 4 vegan/vegetarian slow cooker recipes that are surely amazing to try out.
My name is Nicole Lucas, I am the main editor of NoMealNoHealth and moreover I am a mother to an 7 year old angel, and me and my husband regularly have cook-offs in our kitchen for fun. I would love blog about healthy food/drink, tips & tricks that will help you bring happiness to your family.
Before leaving for school or work or to run some errands, you can take 10 minutes to prepare something that will be ready for by the time to get back home.
From nice curries to satisfying stews, you can now use a slow cooker to prepare anything that you need. Preparing a dish using a slow cooker is pretty easy, you simply combine all the ingredients in an appliance, set the correct temperature and leave your meal to cook all night or day. You do not have to continuously check your meal.
Here are some of the best vegan slow cooker dinner recipes.
1. Slow Cooker Bean and Spinach Enchiladas
Although this may seem like too much work, this version can’t be easier than this. In fact, those who have made it have termed it very nice.
- 15 ounce of black beans.
- 10 ounce of chopped, thawed, spinach in excess oil.
- Cup frozen corn.
- Half a teaspoon ground cumin.
- 8 ounces of sharp cedar.
- 16 ounces jar.
- 6 inches corn tortillas medium head chopped lettuce.
- Half a cup grate tomatoes.
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sliced scallions.
- Mash half beans in medium bowl and then add spinach, corn, cumin, cheddar, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Spread 1 jar of salsa at the bottom, divide uniformly and then roll the mixture of beans in tortillas. Top up with the remaining cheddar and salsa.
- Cover and leave it to cook for at least 3 hours.
- Toss the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and radishes and then sprinkle with the scallions and serve with enchiladas.
2. Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili with Sweet Potatoes
On a good day, this is the best meal for vegetarians. This chili is mixed with bell peppers, sweet potatoes, and a range of other beans.
- 1 medium chopped red onion.
- 1 chopped green bell pepper.
- 4 chopped garlic cloves.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin.
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder.
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 1 ounce of diced tomatoes.
- 15 ounces black beans.
- 1 medium sweet potatoes.
- Combine garlic, bell pepper, chili, cinnamon, cocoa salt, black pepper in a slow cooker. Add sweet potatoes, beans and 1 cup of water.
- Cover and leave to cook until the chili is thickened and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve with scallions, tortilla chips, sour creams, and radishes.
3. Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes Soup
If you like to keep sweet potatoes in the fridge, then this is an amazing recipe. Once you serve it you and your family will realize that it’s very delicious.
- 5 cups of sodium vegetable broth.
- 3 large chopped or peeled sweet potatoes.
- 1 chopped cup of onions
- 2 chopped celery stalks.
- 1 cup of rice milk
- 1 teaspoon of dried tarragon.
- 2 cups of baby spinach.
- 6-8 tablespoons of almonds.
- Ground black pepper and sea salt.
- Take a 4-quart slow cooker then add sweet potatoes, broth, onion, and celery
- Cook for between 5 to 8 hours.
- Turn off the cooker and add milk, pinch perfect seasoning and tarragon then use an immersion blender to blend until the soup becomes smooth.
- Stir in spinach, cover and allow to sit for 20 minutes to make the spinach soft
- Put in soup bowls.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds, ground pepper black and sea salt into the bowls to taste.
4. Slow Cooker White Bean Stew
If you are relaxing at home on a Sunday this is the perfect meal to make your day. It will not only save you time and money but will also make healthy meals for you and your family. It’s ideal for a 6-quart slow cooker and its one of the best slow cooker recipes for the family.
- 2 pounds of white beans.
- 1 diced onions.
- 2 large peeled carrots.
- 3 cloves of garlic diced and minced.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 1 teaspoon of thyme, Oregon, and dried rosemary
- 10 cups of water.
- 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Ground black pepper to taste cups of roughly chopped spinach, kale or chard
- Polenta, rice or bread for serving.
- Sort through the beans in cool water and add to the slow cooker together with celery, onions, carrots, garlic, dried herbs and bay leafs. Cover and leave to cook for at least 3 hours then add salt and, pepper and diced tomatoes cook for another 3 hours and stir in chopped greens.
- Serve over polenta, rice or bread.
- You can also make at least 12 servings and invite friends over.
Those are some of the best vegan slow cooker dinner recipes that you can try out. Remember there are a lot of benefits of the slow cooker that you can enjoy. Try them out today!